our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Monday, June 25, 2012

cake in a mug

Cake in a mug. Seriously, why did I not know about this idea like ten years ago. It would have saved me a lot of time and a lot of inches on my waist. I stumbled across this on.pinterest It is called :Aunt Betty's 1-2-3 Cake and it is easy. seriously. easy.

Take your favorite cake mix (Liam choose funfetti- I am sure all those cuppy cakes I ate while I was pregnant didn't have any influence on that choice) and one box of Angel Food Cake mix:
Aunt Betty is in the house
Then mix the two together in either a big container or zip lock bag. I chose the zip lock in case this ended up being a crock of shit and it would be one less container to clean out.

Then take 3 tablespoons of cake mix, 2 table spoons of water and mix it up- but not too much.


takin' care of business

and then put it in the microwave for 1 min.

Let it cool and enjoy. I will say this, if you are expecting a delicious, savory cake, then this is probably not the cake for you. But if you want a quick snack, dessert, an afternoon snack at your desk or just something sweet...this will do the trick. Next time I am going to try it with strawberry cake mix, cool whip and fresh strawberries.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting! I love to bake but since we started going to the gym I haven't baked anything other than bread. If I make cookies or cake I know I'm going to eat a lot more than I should! :)

    ReplyDelete