our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

08.21.09

Had a really good doctor appointment today. No weight gain, blood pressure is good, heard Peanut’s beats, fundus measurement was at 25 centimeters and Dr. B. seemed to be more laid back today than other days. She did tell me that at 28wks I would need to take the glucose test again. UGHHHH. She informed me that it is standard procedure at 28wks even though I had been through that torture already. This baby better not come out loving fruit punch or anything to do with that awful flavor.

Andrew asked Dr. B. about the swine flu vaccine and me. She said she really does not know much about the vaccine or the side effects or possible effects it may have on me or the baby down the road. Testing is still being conducting. However, she did say that it would probably be highly recommended to all the pregnant patients at the practice. She did say that the risks of contracting swine and the end results are probably more devastating to me & Peanut than if I was to get the vaccine. I am not sure how I feel about this statement considering testing is still in the process & results are unknown at this point. Andrew has been doing research on the vaccine for us. Until results are known, we are really leaning towards not getting this vaccine. (Again, everyone is entitled to an opinion and this is ours)

After our appointment we enjoyed a super yummy lunch at Bombers. It was a great time until a monsoon dropped by and left Andrew and I drenched.

No comments:

Post a Comment