our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

a bump

I had my first glucose test on Tuesday to test for gestational diabetes. I learned today that the results indicate that I need to return to do the three hour glucose test. The cut off level for the 1st test is 135; anything below this number is in the "safe zone". My level is 135. So on Friday I will be able to enjoy another round of neon orange Glucose Cocktail (double the strength this time). I will have my blood taken four times and then wait for the results to come in on that following Monday. Hopefully it will be good news. If not, I will deal with that and do what is going to be in Peanut's best interest, as well as mine own.

So far at 23wks this pregnancy has been going well. I knew at some point that I should expect a few bumps. So I guess this is where it all begins. I just hope the ride doesn't get too bumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment