our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Friday, February 25, 2011

flash friday

Peanut butter. I. LOVE. IT. It is great in cookies, on toast, with celery, cheesecake, and right off of a spoon. When Andrew and I  first met he initially told me that he was allergic to peanuts and therefore could not and would not be around peanut butter. Whenever we would visit my parents they always made sure to not have anything peanut related in the house because of said allergy. Well this all came to a quick  stop when Andrew's mom sent him a huge tub of Virginia peanuts one day. Huge tub to a person who is allergic to peanuts...hmmmm. Lo and behold Andrew really isn't allergic to peanuts, he just has a major aversion to peanut butter. So much, that I swear he has a stash of rubber gloves somewhere to use when he is dishing out Olive's kong which is usually oozing with PB.  So throughout my pregnancy I ate PB& J every morning on toast. I often wondered if Liam would enjoy the PB or end up being allergic to it (dread) or have his father's taste buds. So when the time came to introduce Liam to the PB, I was very anxious that he would have some crazy reaction and PB would have to be forever banned. The kid loves the stuff. He goes nuts for a PB & J sandwich. He even loves PB all on it's own. Something that he doesn't get often, but when he does, watch out. Andrew on the other hand still continues to be "allergic" to PB.




PB and Liam

1 comment: