our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

up & at 'em

So for the longest time I have vowed on January 1 to lose weight, become more active & healthier. This year I vowed it again and had a really good start to meeting my goals. I was running just about everyday, watching what I was putting into my mouth and trying really hard. I dropped a size in about a month and was feeling good...until I got sick. That nasty stomach bug that plagued this house numerous times this winter. Then after I was feeling better I got lazy and formed a serious addiction to pop corn. And that brings me to about three weeks ago when I decided I was ready for that change again. So I decided to get a little help and try out a diet system (name to remain anonymous). I tried it for two weeks and last night called the company to see if I could get a refund. First the food is disgusting. Everything is prepackaged, not refrigerated and filled with preservatives and sodium (not sure how that is suppose to get one healthy). Second the food looks and tastes awful. So bad that I could not even eat it. I guess that is why people lose weight. Finally, I always felt hungry.  Along with this nasty food, I have been running again. My alarm goes off at 4:45am and I am hitting the streets by 5:00am. I know, that sounds awful, but really it is a great way to start the day. It is peaceful that time in the morning- hardly any cars, people or sounds. Just the birds chirping and me breathing. It really is a nice way to wake up. Then I feel good & awake for the rest of the day.

I am hoping that with running and making good choices to fuel my body, I will notice some differences again. I even threw out my scale (who am I fooling, I am sure I will break down and buy another one). So here I go, again vowing to lose that weight, become more active and healthier. It needs to be a life change, not just a change for a couple of month.

No comments:

Post a Comment