our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Friday, September 28, 2012

flash friday

Phewwwww! This week crawled by. Thankfully it is Friday and we have almost survived another week without any craziness.
The end of last week Liam came down with pink eye. It was not fun for the little guy because the first medication caused an allergic reaction so he had to stay out of school longer than we anticipated-- which was fine expect we both had to juggle our work responsibilities and  everyone was thrown off schedule and it was just a bit stressful. Liam is much better and the second antibiotic did the trick. Liam has wonderful grandparents, but none live close by. We need to somehow find some local surrogate grand parents for him & us. I envy those people who complain about their parents/inlaws always being at the house with the kids...grrrrr what I would give to have that "problem". If you know of any, please send them my way.

We also got to spend some time with my Dad's side of the family last weekend- which was great. We don't get to see everyone enough. Distance, time and life always come in the way, but when we do spend time together it is so much fun and I wish we could do it more often. It made my heart happy that Liam finally got to meet his Great Aunt Gina and fully embrace the Bonomo family. I also learned that day that twins do in fact run on my father's side of the family.  I hope I got this right-My grandmother's grandfather's (so my great, great paternal GF) sibling's had twins. One had two sets and one had one set; unfortunately, not all survived. So maybe it wasn't a total fluke that I was pregnant with two. This is good information to know.
Liam and Aunt G.


Families Dine Together Night at school happened on Monday. Nothing more awkward than sitting in tiny chairs, at a tiny table, eating food with other parents so are there for the same reason we are...to support our kids and get a night off from cooking. You try to start conversations with these people, but they never go anywhere and there is always grape juice being spilling on someone's crotch.

Photo day at school was yesterday. I never take those days too seriously. The night before we were picking out an outfit. While other parents brought in prom dresses and three piece suits. We are scheduled to have our family photos taken next weekend. So that I will take seriously.

I wish this picture had sound. Best. Laugh. Ever.
This weekend is looking pretty great. Dinner date tomorrow to FINALLY celebrate our anniversary. Almost two months later & we finally have an opportunity to celebrate. Sheesh.  Decorating the house for fall, making pretzels, hair cut for Liam and chili. Happy Friday!

ps- photos from Color Me Rad coming soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment