our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

looks

I have notice an increase in the amount of looks I have been receiving. It usually goes like this: I will catch an individual looking at me, then they will glance at my bump and then look back at me and give me a smile. As long as it stays with looks and does not advance to touching or asking me a billion questions, I am okay with that. Once a stranger enters my personal space, all bets are off!

Last week when Andrew and I were at a store (name left unmentioned) we were looking around and checking out the baby bedding. At one point I was in one section and Andrew was in another (Probably testing out crib matresses...j/k) and a sales woman approached me. She was full of smiles and questions: Is this your first, when are you due, are you having a boy or girl, blah, blah, blah, what can I help you with? I answered all the questions, politely, and told her that I was just looking and that if I had a question I would find her. As I was saying this I noticed that she was staring at my left hand and she wasn't even sneaky about it. I felt very uncomfortable at that moment and wanted to ask her "What would it mean to you if I wasn't married?" But I resisted and gave her a fake smile and left to find Andrew. Hello, it is 2009 not 1929!

No comments:

Post a Comment