our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Friday, February 12, 2010

as a mom

My maternity leave ends in a few days. I am dreading it. I have been very fortunate to be able to stay home with Liam for the past three months. I feel like I blinked my eyes and here we are in the middle of February, Liam is just about 3mos. old, he is almost holding his head up completely on his own, cooing up a storm, giggling, I am returning to work, just about back into my pre-pregnancy wardrobe and Liam no longer fits into anything newborn sized (even diapers). I know I am not the first person to do this, nor the last, but this is a first for our family unit.

Speaking of firsts, I thought I would jot down just a few of my first experiences as a mom that have either made me laugh, cry or both...

1. Who knew I would fall in love with a short, somewhat bald, toothless guy?

2. I turn into one of those emotional people...ugh, I hate it!

3. I have learned that a lot of stores (believe it or not) do not have automatic doors!

4. I have learned there are still nice people in the world who will run across a parking lot to open a door for me and the stroller that carries Liam.

5. Watching my husband give me the thumbs up when he first saw Liam will forever be burned in my memory.

6. Watching my husband be a dad makes me fall in love with him all over again, all the time.

7. I realized that pacifiers are not as evil as I thought. But learning this the hard way by sterilizing pacifiers at 3am is, in fact evil.

8. Having a c-section was not as awful as I had imagined it to be.

9. Having a diaper leak when your child has an explosive bowel movement is as awful & funny as I imagined it to be.

10. Sleep is overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment