our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

full of thanks

I am reminded all the time how fortunate Andrew and I are to have Liam as our son. I remember when Liam was born and I heard his first little cry, even before I got to see him, my heart hurt from the love I had for him, already.  And then I got to see him. Then I  finally got to hold him. I looked at him,  kissed him, held him and thought that it was impossible to love him any more than I did right at that moment.  But I find myself loving Liam more and more each and every day. I tell him that all the time, but I am unsure if he will ever possibly know what he means to me. After I told him tonight, he replied with a burp that was followed up with a large amount of spit up. I am guessing that is his way of telling me that he wanted to change the subject and his clothes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment