our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Friday, September 24, 2010

flash friday

I will be the first to admit, this blog has not been my top priority the past couple of weeks. Life the past couple of weeks have been a blur. Not to worry, things here are fine, we are all good. I have really been trying to spend as much time with my guys as possible since it seems like the few hours we have each day just aren't enough. Liam is at an age which is awesome. He really is just a little sponge picking up on stuff we do. He is also extremely curious, so that means danger if we don't have at least one eye on him at all times. We do give him independence; no helicopter parenting here.  Liam really likes to take Olive's water bowl and turn the kitchen into a pond. He thinks it is funny and I do too. Olive, not so much! He loves to stand and jump. He doesn't get much air, but it is entertaining to watch. He has also started to give hugs, especially in the morning. I guess I could go on and on about all the new things he has started to do or figured out, but I know that pre-Liam I would have found that to be a snooze fest. However, post-Liam, I just find all the things he does to be interesting and special.

I went down memory lane recently and looked through the photos of Liam when he was first born and the first few days of his life that we caught on camera. It  is really hard to believe how far he has come in the past 10 months and how far Andrew & I have come as parents. I love looking at those first few photos, but I also love looking at our little boy and watching him as he grows and learns...which happens so quickly!   I guess I am one proud mom who can't say enough how wonderful it is to have such an incredible little boy and an even more incredible man who supports me, loves me and can always make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment