our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

kettle bell pt.2

So this is my last week of kettle bell. Between life and work I just can not make it to the classes this week. So I thought I would share what the past four weeks of kettle bell has done for me:

1. I have gained 5lbs. (sigh).  I am hopeful that this is muscle and not because of that bowl of ice cream.

2. I lost a total of 4 inches!  Yes, four inches in four weeks.  Two from the thunder thighs, one from my upper arms and one from my waist.

3.  I also gained a better idea of how far I can push myself, what my limits are (or are not) and  how to do a plank for 60secs (aka torture!).

I am really happy with the results. Even though I put on some pounds, I lost inches...I put on a pair of jeans and went to hold my breath as I zippered them and realized I didn't need to hold my breath. They zippered as is. I think I will do another 5 week session once life settles down a bit. 
So if you ever have the opportunity to try out kettle bells, do so! You will sweat, you will hurt, you will want to cry. You will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment