our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Thursday, February 9, 2012

dry

Since becoming a mom, I have found myself getting exciting over things that I probably thought were lame pre-Liam. It is almost as if your excitement level goes on steroids after becoming a parent.

The latest excitement in our home is Liam using the potty. This is big time stuff. He has been sitting and using the potty on & off, or when he felt like it since last summer. Most of the time he liked to sit on the potty and just read his books and he didn't make the connection. He still likes to read on the potty, but now he is taking care of business, too. He refuses to wear diapers (he will consent to a pair of pull ups at bedtime). I am sure there will still be accidents, but that is to be expected.

This is amazing for a few different reasons : he is gaining more independence, he is so proud, he is so excited about wearing his Toy Story under-roos, he is growing up, I am spending less money on diapers, I don't have to change diapers, hearing Liam shout "yeah boy!!!" when there is success on the potty, and I am sure I could go on & on...

Liam has reached another milestone. Which in turn means Andrew and I have also reached another parenting milestone. high fives all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment