our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Thursday, November 22, 2012

three.

Dear Liam,

Happy 3rd birthday my sweet boy. Today you share your birthday with Thanksgiving- the holiday when we give thanks for all that we have in our lives and fill our bellies to capacity. In honor of your birthday, you got full control of dinner today. I am not sure what your dad & I were thinking when we left you in control of the menu-but it is your day-enjoy! This past year has opened my eyes to how truly special you are. How truly bless I am. I give thanks not only today, but every day for you.


This past year you have challenged your dad and I. You have pushed us to our limits and you have made us each laugh so hard. So hard, that we remember those laughs more than any of those so-called challenges. I can honestly say that we experienced the funny twos, not so much the terrible twos.  You are a little boy. You are funny. You are so smart. You have an incredible imagination that takes you on adventures all over the world doing such fun and silly things. You love to build forts. You love to scare your dad & I "boo!". You have a special "daddy story" & "mommy song" at bedtime.You are independent. And I forget sometimes how little you are, because you want to be so big. You are stubborn. You love the"pinchers". You are honest. You are independent. Conversations with you are the best. You always request family hugs. You love our 3 squeezes. You think Olive is the funniest thing. You love Lightning McQueen. You make the best pumpkin muffins (with a little help of course). You love to race cars. You are fully potty trained! You use your manners. Your memory is out of this world. Books are still your favorite and reading to you is one of mine. You request bonus minutes for everything! You love school and your friends you have made there.  You love to get yourself dressed. You love music and have some killer dance moves.You are so your father's son and it cracks me up. You continue to amaze me & put a smile on my face every single day.

I can't wait to see what this new year bring you. Brings us. I am excited, I think 3 is going to be even more fun than 2. I look forward to all the new experiences you will have, we will have.  I can't wait to see the changes, watch you grow, watch you learn, watch your personality shine through and watch you become, you.

I love you my little sweet potato. As we say every night, I love you all the way to the moon....& back. Thank you for being my little one. Thank you for making me one of the happiest people on earth. I love you. Happy #3, Liam!

xxooxxoo

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! Happy Birthday Liam, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all too! :)

    ReplyDelete