our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

5.5 inches and counting

Each week I receive a weekly baby update via e-mail from one of the sites I visit on a regular basis. I learn what the baby is doing and how the baby is developing, what change(s) I should expect this week in my body and the size and weight of the baby. The size and weight of the baby is always compared to a piece of fruit or vegtable. This week the baby's size is compared to a sweet potato. This is much better, as the past few weeks the baby was compared to an onion and turnip. Onions and turnips are not as cute sounding as a sweet potato. The baby is about 5.5 inches in length and almost at 7 ounces in weight. I am hoping any day now I will begin to feel that bubbly feeling also known as kicking.

I learned today that my maternity leave is not going to be as long as I had thought it would be. At maximum (with my job secured) I can only take 12 weeks. I could take a longer leave, but it would be up to my supervisor and there would be no guarantee my job would be available for me when I did choose to return. 12 weeks seems like such a short time. I guess this is something Andrew and I will have to deal with when the time comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment