our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ugh...Walmart

So about a year or so ago I watched a documentary about Walmart. It was really disgusting to watch and to learn what this giant does to earn a buck and the abuse the employees endure. So I became anti-walmart for a while. Andrew has always been anti walmart and only goes in there if he absolutely has to.

Because of the convenience of the store, I have started to shop there again. Well, maybe not for too much longer. Since becoming pregnant every time I step into that store something comes over me. First I start off with a major hot flash, and then my stomach becomes queasy. ( usually by the time I get into my car I am eating some form of white carbohydrate) But the worst is when I can feel my face turn beet red and I start to sweat...just on my face of course. This takes place by the time I am cashing out. Often I get some odd stare from the cashier, who knows what they are thinking. I am not sure if it is all the people in the store, the odors or the lighting- but I do know it is an awful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment