our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Peanut's sweet beats

Monthly appointment was today (06.24.09). Routine stuff- weight (up 4 more), blood pressure, chance to report any odd symptoms, hearing Peanut's beats and me asking a million questions. Overall, Dr. Burack reported that I am doing well. Peanut's beats were very loud today and again Peanut was hanging out on my left side (maybe another southpaw will be added to the family!)

The past month I have felt that my brain is a pile of regurgitated dog food. For example I left my sunroof open on my car, woke up at 3am to pouring rain and realized that I may have forgotten to close my sunroof. Yup, it was open. So back to asking a million questions. I have been carrying a small notebook in my purse so anytime I think of something to ask or see something to buy or research I write it down and then I don't have to worry about forgetting about it. So I pulled out my list of questions today...I think Andrew found it somewhat humorous that I have this notebook to begin with and secondly, I think he will probably copy me and have one of his own. I asked my questions and most of the answers I got were "You don't need to worry about that now" or "Wait until you take the childbirth class" or " We will discuss that once you are at 36wks because you will forget". Can I help it if I want to be prepared??

The really great part of my visit today (besides hearing Peanut's beats) is that my next appointment is in 3wks rather than 4wks so I can have the thorough 20wk ultrasound. At this appointment Peanut's organs will be looked at, measured and as will the placenta. AND...Andrew & I will hopefully learn if we are having a son or daughter (if Peanut cooperates). That also means I will be halfway through the pregnancy. I can' t believe how fast everything has moved along so far. I wonder if the 2nd half will go just as fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment