our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11.11.09

I guess you could call me a regular at the OBGYN office at this point. They know my name and nurses wave to me when I arrive. Now I am also one of those very pregnant ladies that I use to see when I first became pregnant in the waiting room (and often wondered if I would be one of them): waddles in, flops into the waiting room chair, rubs the belly, just looks uncomfortable, shirt stretched down as far as possible to cover the bump and is drinking water.

My appointment went well today. Everything is looking good at this point. At the appointment next week I will have another ultrasound to check in on baby's size. The reason for another ultrasound is to see how much he has grown in the past four weeks. One doctor tends to believe he will be a "generous" baby and another thinks he will be on the smaller side; neither have concerns with his size at this point. I inquired as to why the predictions contradict each other. Basically ultrasounds are to give an estimate, but no one will know for sure how big the baby will be until he is here. I keep on being told that he is about a week behind in size...which is funny because the first due date I was given was almost a week later than my present due date. Maybe I am more on target with the first due date than the later. Andrew nor I are concerned at this point regarding the baby's weight/size. The doctors don't appeared to be worried- so why should we.

All of the symptoms that I have been are experiencing are considered "normal". Which is nice to hear, but at the same time I think I was a tiny bit disappointed to not hear that labor is about to happen any day now. Not that I want to rush anything, but I am getting anxious for this little guy to be here & to put that Moby wrap to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment