our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Monday, November 9, 2009

wk 37

Happy Full Term Peanut!! We made it to wk 37. My goal after our scare and stay at hospital was to make it to wk 37; goal obtained. Knowing we have made it this far, makes me breathe easier. Now, I would be breathing a whole lot easier if this kid decided to drop already. Although I do think that his drop is in my very near future (well at least that is what I am hoping- haven't I been saying this for weeks now?). The weekend was a bit uncomfortable for me. I had a lot of back pain, cramps, intense feelings of pressure in my abdomen, pain in my legs and hips. From what I have read these "pains" could be 1 of 3 possibilities A. false labor B. baby dropping C. effacement of the cervix .My conclusion is that it is a combination of being uncomfortable and Mr.Hicks preparing my body.

As much as I have enjoyed pregnancy, I do hope the end is near:
-I really am getting anxious (in a positive way) to meet this little guy.
- My pregnancy clothing is starting to be too short.
- Daily functions have become increasingly difficult to complete.
- I really can not wait to tear into a turkey sub from Deli & Brew.

So for wk 37 photos...here you go!


The curious duo.
The baby becomes very active when they are around...either
he will hate them or just love them.


I really can not wait to wear jeans again that actually button & zipper.

I was not going to post this pic. because of my stretchies. But this is part of the process & I am growing okay with that. Plus, my belly button never popped, so one out of the two is not bad.


Worst Part of this Week: Learning there is a possibility that I may need to be induced if I go past my DD. Sleeping has become more of a fantasy than a function. Realizing my pregnancy shirts are getting too short.

Best Part of this Week: Learning there is a possibility that I may need to be induced if I go past my DD (this goes under both because I want to do this as natural as possible, but at the same time having an idea of when to expect this to happen is a bit of a relief.) Installation of car seat. Baby is full term! Feeling ready if he was to arrive tomorrow. The prints Andrew created for the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment