our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Friday, November 20, 2009

11.20.09

Had a follow up appointment from Wednesday today. Fluid levels are the same, baby still sounds good and I am hanging in there. Dr. Burack would like us to come back on Monday to discuss INDUCTION.

On one hand I am kind of happy about knowing that next week the baby will be here. The past nine months have been filled with anticipation, anxiety, happiness, dreams and just absolute excitement about having this little dude join us in the real world. It will bring relief to me to know that his health is not being compromised because of low amniotic fluids and he will be able to stretch out without knocking into my ribs.
On the other hand, I really wanted to see how my body would naturally go into labor. Where would have my water broke, would it even break? Would we be rushing to the hospital at 2am? More so, I am nervous that one medical intervention will lead to another and another and so on and so forth. I hope that my body accepts the induction and takes off from there.

We will wait until Monday and see what the plan is. I will say that even though I am not crazy about induced, I can hardly wait for him to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment