our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

09.23.09

Doctor appointment today went pretty well. Blood pressure is in check, my bump is right at 30cm, Peanut's heartbeat good and my weight went up 4 more lbs (yes, 4lbs in 2 wks!). After waiting over an hour to actually be seen, I then learned that Dr. Lee had to leave because of an emergency circumcision (ouch!) and he would not be back for another 20 minutes...so I requested to be seen by another doctor or practitioner- which they happily provided. I shared with the practitioner that I have been having this intense pressure feeling in my lower abdomen and it moves down into my thighs. It feels like I have been using a thigh master and will often be more intense at night or after a lot of walking. She said she wanted to check my cervix to make sure I am not experiencing any pre-term labor symptoms (Oh crap). Fortunately, my cervix is closed and all is good (sigh of relief). Most likely it is round ligament pain, but I need to go back in a week to be checked again. In the meantime if I feel any contractions, I should call the office (well duh!). I also shared that often in the morning once I am awake I have noticed that my hands are swollen and it is hard to bend my fingers. Yet another pregnancy side effect I was not aware of: pregnancy carpel tunnel. So really the only way for this to stop is to give birth. awesome.

These things are expected especially since I have a little over two months left. Next up I am sure will be the disappearance of my ankles. But overall, I am feeling great and lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment