our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Additions to 60 Chestnut Street

On Sunday, two additions were added to 60 Chestnut Street…a new washing machine and dryer!! Woo hoo. This is exciting for me, as I am usually the one who does the laundry and complains the whole time. Although Andrew has been helping out quite a bit since the bump has grown larger.

Since moving into our home four years ago I have been WANTING a new washer & dryer (w&d), but we did not necessarily NEED a new w&d. Well on Sunday my want finally turned into a need. I will admit that past few weeks the machine has been making interesting noises, but I tried my hardest to ignore them. The machine stopped, no water had drained, clothes were saturated with water and there was a burning odor filling the basement. Poor Andrew ended up having to shop-vac (what a great purchase) the water out of the machine. Two hours later the dryer finally dried the clothes.

While we did not need to get a new dryer, we went ahead and splurged ( how lame are we to consider this splurging). I will give our old w&d some credit considering they were at least 20 years old (I know we were not being energy smart with those beasts). The additions will be delivered on Thursday and I can say I am looking forward to testing them out. Plus, with all the dirty baby stuff in our future, a new machine and dryer was probably a smart purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment