our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

24/7

Being sick is one thing. Being sick and being a mom is a whole other ballgame. I have been feeling under the weather (wow a lot of cliches here) for about 4 days now. It started out on Monday and I partially blame the hotel room we slept in Saturday night which came with no heat. So all I have been wanting to do is sleep this off, rest and keep my fluids up...no such luck. Liam decided this week that he wanted to be more alert during the day. More stimulation leads to more cooing, more smiling and being more active...all which I truly adore & look forward to. I know that if I wasn't filled with snot and phlegm I could be more entertaining to him, but instead I am just going through the motions with him and praying that he gets exhausted from all his fun and takes a nap. And when he does take a nap and I can rest my eyes for a minute, I swear that kid has a mommy alarm. As soon as my eyes close he decides he is finished with his nap and wants to play. Hearing the sound of Andrew's Jeep pulling into the driveway this week has been nicer than usual.

I just don't want to pass this onto him. I hate having to use that booger sucker in his nose- it is a torture device.

No comments:

Post a Comment