our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Monday, January 11, 2010

addendum to resolutions

I went to my six week post partum appointment and left a bit disappointed.

Liam accompanied me to my appointment and all of the nurses were very happy to meet him. I met with Dr. Jacobs, who was a bit surprised I was seeing him since he thought my favorite doctor at the practice was Dr. Burack. I guess that may have something to do with the thank you note I sent her & that Andrew told her we were hoping she would be the doctor to deliver Liam.

So all was going well until Dr. Jacobs mentioned me that due to my insides still healing, I should not be running nor jogging. Which brings on the disappointment. I asked him if I need to wait a few more weeks before I can start to run...he said that it will take up to a year before I am healed and he does not recommend any running for at least six months to a year. Ahhhhhh. I asked him if he was serious and of course he was. So I guess I won't be running the Turkey Trot this year. Bummer. That also means I need to figure out an alternative to losing the last 13 pregnancy pounds, plus some more.
So on one hand I am happy that I am healing and life can somewhat get back to normal (walking dogs, doing laundry, etc...) but on the other hand I am disappointed that I can't start my running routine. Oh well. I guess either I deal with not running now or deal with my cervix falling out of me later on (that is a possible consequence according to Dr. J.).

No comments:

Post a Comment