our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

born free

Liam is a true man when it comes to his gas. I am sure if was more in tune with what was happening in the world around him, he not appreciate his mother discussing his gas issues. But he isn't so....

I called the pediatrician's office on Monday morning. He was so fussy Sunday night when we were trying to put him down to bed. The fussiness continued into Monday morning. He was struggling all night with passing gas. We would massage his belly, do the bicycle moves with his legs, give him the mylicon drops, pretty much anything we could think of to try to soothe him. The dr.'s office scheduled an appointment for that am. He was examined and I was told that I am probably in more pain watching/hearing him than he actually is. His digestive system is still developing and with time his gas will pass :) It is common in babies to have these issues. I was asked what type of bottles he was using (Playtex drop ins) and the dr. suggested trying another type of bottle to prevent him taking in so much air. She also said that I was one of the lucky parents were the baby was just filled with gas and that it is not colic. Amen to that!!

So I did some research and found that BornFree bottles are highly recommended for babies with gas. They are awesome!!! I love them and I think Liam does too. I do hope I don't jinx myself by writing this, but his gas is passing easier, he is taking in more formula,we are no longer using the mylicon drops, we haven't done the bicycle as often as we were, burps easier and he just seems to be an overall happier dude- which ultimately makes Andrew & I happier, too.

Oh not to forget, Liam weighed in at a 9lbs. 6oz at his appointment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment