our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

another dr. appointment

Today was one of my last bi-weekly doctor appointments....one more left and then I am seen on a weekly basis. Anywho, the appointment was a good one. My blood pressure is good, up 3 more lbs., heart beat was nice, my ankles are still here & the bump is measuring in at 34 cm.

Dr. Jacobs said that he likes to do one final ultrasound to check on the baby's position, the fluid levels, my placenta and to get an idea of how big this baby will be. He said typically that women with high blood pressure have smaller babies. He also said he is not one bit worried about my baby's size because I am measuring right on target (actually a bit more) and my blood pressure has been in control. He felt the baby to get an idea of where he is right now and Dr. J said most likely he is head down, right now. Dr. J also said that the baby's head pressing on my pelvis the is what is to blame for my upper thigh pain. I can deal with thigh pain if that means the baby is in position. I passed on having the ultra sound done today, as Andrew was unable to attend the appointment with me and I want him to have one more glimpse of the baby before we get to meet him. So in two weeks, we will hopefully be able to see the Peanut and have an idea of how big he will be. Any guesses??

According to the cashier at Walmart, I am having a boy and he is going to a BIG BOY. Good thing she caught me in a good mood, because I probably could have made her cry. I also thought it was very funny that she advised me to not lift heavy items, but then proceeded to pack all the heavy food items into one bag...really? I love strangers' advice. I guess I can be grateful that she did not try to touch the bump...that would have called for a clean up in her aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment