our journey into parenthood & beyond...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

paradise

I have enjoyed being pregnant. I still enjoy it, although at this point life has become uncomfortable. Doing anything has turned into an ordeal. Eating, breathing, sleeping, walking, getting out of the car, getting out of bed, bending over, putting on my sock, this list could go on and on and on. But last night I had a moment of paradise. I was able to get comfortable on the couch, wearing stretchy pants and my one favorite sweat shirt (which Andrew hates and I know has secret plans of burning it when I am not wearing it) and enjoyed a yummy milkshake (all while Olive gave me the evil eye for not sharing). I will also add that I did enjoy this while watching Biggest Loser. Did a feel guilty enjoying my shake while watching these people work out and doing whatever is necessary to lose weight? Nope, not one bit. I figure that my body is working overtime and this baby is sucking everything he can out of me (as that is what he is suppose to do), therefore enjoying a milkshake is justified. Will I think about this in two months when I am preparing for my BFF's wedding and I can't fit into a dress? I will cross that bridge when I come to it; for now I have 6wks to enjoy milkshakes.

p.s. I also need to add that milkshakes are a great remedy for the outrageous heartburn that attacks me all day and all night long. If the old wives tale is true, this kid is going to have a killer head of hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment